What Are The Very Basic Properties Of The Pentagon About Which Everybody Should Be Clear?
The Pentagon is the shape in mathematics which will be having five sides and five angles. The word Penta denotes five and gon will denote the angle. Hence, the word Pentagon itself is very much clear that it will be having five sides and five angles without any kind of problem. The sum of all the interior angles of the regular pentagon will be 540°.
In mathematics, people will be studying different kinds of shapes and the two-dimensional shape that has been composed with the help of straight lines and interior angles will be known as a polygon. There are different examples of polygons like three-sided polygon will be a triangle, four-sided will be quadrilateral, five said it will be Pentagon, six-sided will be hexagon and several other kinds of available options.
Like any other kind of polygon the Pentagon shape is also a polygon that will be including five sides and five angles and depending upon the sides, corners and angles there will be different kinds of shapes that have been explained as follows:
- Regular and irregular Pentagon: The Pentagon will be regular in all the sides will be equal in terms of length and five angles will be of equal measures. If the Pentagon is having equal side and angle measures then it will be known as the regular pentagon. The regular pentagon will be having five sides that will be congruent to each other which will make sure that finding out the perimeter will become very much easy as well as efficient.
- Convex and concave Pentagon: If all the corners of the Pentagon are pointing outwards then it will be known as the convex Pentagon and if the Pentagon is having at least one of the corners pointing inside then it will be known as the concave pentagon.
Hence, depending upon the official platforms like Cuemath is the best possible way of ensuring that these have a good command over the quadrilaterals without any kind of issue in the whole process.
Table of Contents
Following Are The Basic Properties Of The Pentagon:
- In the cases of the pentagon, the sum of interior angles will be equal to 540°
- If all the sides will be equal then it will be a regular pentagon otherwise it will be the regular pentagon
- In the cases of a regular pentagon, every angle will be measuring 108° and every angle will be measuring 72°
- The equilateral pentagon will be having five equal sides
- The sum of the interior angles of the rectangular pentagon will be 540°
The Area Of The Regular Pentagon Has Been Explained As Follows:
The formula will be 5/2 into side length into apothem square units
This particular formula has to be implemented by the kids whenever they need to calculate the area of the Pentagon.
The Perimeter Of The Pentagon Has Been Explained As Follows:
The perimeter of the circumference of the Pentagon will be five into the length of the side.
Hence, being clear about all the above-mentioned properties it is very much important for the kids to be dependent upon different kinds of online platforms so that they have a good command over the whole process very easily. Based on different properties of the Pentagon’s there are other types of Pentagon’s as well which are explained:
- The equilateral Pentagon: In this particular case there will be five sides of equal length and five angled will also be taking the range of the set of values. It will allow the family of pentacles to be formed very easily.
- Cycle Pentagon: If all the corners of the Pentagon will be lying on the circumference of the circle then it will be known as the cyclic pentagon. This is the best case of a regular pentagon and can be represented as one-fourth of the square root of the roots of the septic equation.