Choosing The Right 4G Router: A Box With Good Throughput
4G Router : 4G LTE networks have come a long way since the days of 3G. It is not uncommon to have a 4G connection capable of providing a speed of several tens of Mbps (megabits per second) downlink and several Mbps uplink. Even though these numbers are much lower than what theoretical 4G promised, they’re still pretty impressive, especially considering you might not be able to get similar rates with a wired broadband connection depending on your location.
4G home broadband is an internet service that uses 4G rather than a fixed line (such as a telephone line or fiber optic cable). Conventional broadband service is wired to your box, while 4G home broadband is wireless, in the same way that getting mobile data on your phone is wireless.
Except that instead of the data arriving on your phone, it arrives on a router that then sends it to your devices. So let’s see together how to choose a 4G router with the top of the best sellers to help you choose the right model!
Table of Contents
The Best 4G Routers
4G TP-Link Box, 4G+ LTE Router
TP-Link Box 4G, Cat.6 300 Mbps WiFi AC 4G+ LTE Router 1200 Mbps, 2 x SMA for External Antenna, 4 Gigabit RJ45 Ports, Removable Antennas, OneMesh, SIM Card Modem for Any Operator, Archer MR600
- 700 Mhz compatible, supports Cat6 4G+ to increase speed up to 300Mbps. Insert your SIM card then enjoy all services
- Micro SIM card slot, Compatible with Orange, SFR, Free mobile, Bouygues Telecom
- Stable and reliable connections thanks to the 2 external 4G antennas. Archer MR600 4G modem has 2 SMA connectors for connecting external 4G antennas.
- 4 gigabit ethernet ports – Provide high-speed wired connections to connect live
- Compatible with WIFi repeater RE300
- Manufacturer’s 3-year warranty
Huawei White 4G Router (Best Seller)
HUAWEI E5576-320 White 4G Router
- Huawei’s ultra-fast 4G mobile Wi-Fi, a pocket-sized solution for Wi-Fi travel
- Parental controls and guest network
- Powerful and rechargeable battery with 6 hours of battery life
- Produce a Wi-Fi hotspot, connect up to 16 devices
- Reduce your roaming charges with your sim card: Fully unlocked for all networks
Huawei 4G+ LTE LTE-A 19 Gigabit WiFi Router
HUAWEI B818-263 White Router 4G+ LTE LTE-A Category 19 Gigabit WiFi AC 2 x TS9 for External Antenna 2 Ports RJ45 MicroSIM Slot
- 4G++ 5CA Category 19: Router 4G+ LTE Advanced 5CA Aggregation up to 5 frequencies maximum both Category 19 with 2 Gigabit ports including 1 LAN/WAN port and 1 RJ11 port
- Manages the transmission and reception of calls via the sim card introduced and phone plugged into the RJ11 port or by configuring a VoIP/SIP account from the interface
- Compatible with external antenna: MicroSIM sim card slot. DDNS, Built-in L2TP/PPTP VPN client. 2 x TS9 connectors for 4G external antenna connection
- Compatible with all operators Free Mobile, SFR, Bouygues Telecom, Orange
- Warranty 24 months
Netgear Router 4G sim box 4G LTE Nighthawk
NETGEAR 4G SIM Router, 4G LTE Box, Nighthawk 4G Mobile Router (MR1100), WiFi up to 1Gbit/s| Connect up to 20 devices via WiFi | Secure mobile WiFi | Unlocked, Compatible with any operator
- Fast 4G LTE speeds: Nighthawk M1 router delivers up to 1 Gbps of internet speed
- Create your own, totally secure internet connection and share it with others on business trips or on holiday with fast WiFi
- Connect up to 20 devices to WiFi (WiFi 5 Dual Band)
- Works with all carriers: Unlocked worldwide, regardless of your mobile service provider, for 3G/4G LTE Internet access (requires a micro SIM card, not included)
- Data Sharing
- Slot for a micro SD card
TP-Link 4G M7350 router, 4G modem speed 150Mbps, WiFi 2.4GHz
TP-Link M7350 4G Router, 150Mbps 4G Speed Modem, 4G Hotspot, 2000mAh Rechargeable Battery, WiFi Sharing up to 10 Devices, Unlocked All SIM Compatible
- Supports 4G LTE-Advanced network, achieves download speed up to 150 Mbps and 50 Mbps upload, compatible with 3G/4G LTE network
- Instantly share 4G/3G connectivity with up to 10 WiFi-enabled devices – Tablets, mobile phones, laptops and game consoles
- The router is fully unlocked on all networks, compatible with Orange, SFR, Free mobile, Bouygues Telecom, etc. It works in Europe, Middle East, Africa as well as most Asian countries
- 2,000mAh rechargeable battery, capable of running for 8 hours
Things To Consider
While 4G broadband at home has many advantages, it also has disadvantages. Before you even consider it, you need to check if you have good 4G coverage by the relevant network in your area, because if it doesn’t, it can be slow or unreliable.
Even if you get good coverage, the speeds achieved will be far from matching or approaching the fastest speeds of fiber optic broadband. So, if you have these services and very high speeds are important, 4G broadband at home may not be for you.
What’s more, some 4G home broadband plans come with restrictive data limits (although there are also unlimited data options) and the 4G router you get may be more restrictive in terms of simultaneous connections than some regular routers.
For the speed and reliability of a 4G WAN connection, you’ll need a router that supports more than one cellular connection. This is usually referred to as multi-SIM. Look for a router that supports this feature.
The performance and throughput of a multi-SIM router is ultimately limited by the number of simultaneous cellular connections it can support. This number is usually referred to by the number of SIM cards it can accommodate. However, you have to differentiate between connections and SIM cards: a router can allow you to insert two SIM cards in case of failure of one of them, but not be able to use both at the same time.
A router that can combine (i.e., combine) traffic flows from multiple SIM cards into one, will allow you to have a faster and more reliable connection to the network. This is essential if you plan to connect a multi-user site to your network using 4G WAN, and especially if you need a very reliable connection for sensitive applications.
Some 4G routers provide WiFi access to users, which reduces the need for additional equipment in small facilities.
How Fast Is 4G Home Broadband?
4G home broadband offers average download speeds of 25 Mbps according to 4G National Broadband, citing data from Opensignal, which is enough to stream 1080p content and just reaches the recommended speed for 4K UHD (25 Mbps).
What Are The Advantages Of A 4G WiFi Router?
With the development of 4G technology, mobile data has become an important source of internet connection. 4G routers can use mobile data to share internet connections and offer multiple benefits.
Ease of use
With a built-in 4G LTE modem and a built-in SIM card slot, you just need to insert a micro SIM card and turn on the router. Enjoying fast and stable Wi-Fi over a 4G LTE network has never been easier.
Field tested for years, TP-Link’s 4G routers are widely compatible with different ISP services in more than 100 countries, ensuring universal compatibility with 2 advanced antennas to provide a smooth connection.
Thanks to WiFi and LTE antennas and Ethernet ports, TP-Link 4G routers can easily share a 3G/4G connection with multiple wireless devices, such as phones, tablets and laptops, at the same time, and provide internet to wired devices like desktops.
Unlike a traditional WiFi box, you don’t need to buy a broadband service and another fixed-line device like cable, DSL or fiber. You don’t need to deploy cables, just buy a SIM card and subscribe to a cellular data plan provided by your mobile carrier.